Do you have a pressure washer machine? Most people posses it in today’s century, as compared to in the past years when such machines were only centralized in industries. A pressure machine has endless benefits when used correctly.
However, it comes with its on risks that depend on the type of pressure machine you have. For instance, some types can get quite noisy though that shouldn’t scare you off.
A pressure washer does all tasks like getting off oil stains, sprucing up outdoor furniture, washing a car, degreasing a grill and scrubbing grime. In fact with the growing usag of these machines, it is approximated that by 2024, the pressure washer will be $3 billion in global trades.
Pressure Washer Safety Tips
Many accidents occur when people are using a pressure washer. But those mistakes are avoidable 100%. Here’s how to avoid accidents.
Take some time to identify the hazards
Walk around five minutes around the area you are cleaning and think about these questions.
- Is the area clear of hazards? Remove all the toys, bikes and even pets before cleaning.
- Do I feel ready to take this task today? If you feel weak or tired, you clean when better avoid accidents.
- Is the weather suitable for the pressure machine? When there is rain or heavy wind, it’s advisable not to use a pressure machine.
- Have I protected myself? Wear proper personal protective gear.
Wear protective gear
You can prevent injury when you wear proper PPE. Here are the recommended PPEs
- To avoid injury in the hands, wear proper safety gloves.
- Safety goggles. It would be best if you had them because you deal with high-pressure spraying debris and dirt off the surface. So it would help if you had goggles to protect your eyes.
- Enclosed shoes. Wear proper work boots, steel toll gumboots to protect your foot.
- Because of pressure, dirt and debris are flying everywhere. So it’s important to wear pants to protect your legs from getting hurt.
- Ear protection. When using a gas-powered pressure washer, you must wear ear protection.
Read the manual carefully before operating the pressure washer machine
Every washer is kinder different from the others. There are different washer machines such as belt drive, hot water, cold water, electric and gas. So it’s recommended you read the manual. This is because it will explain everything you need to know and the safety measures to be taken.
In an enclosed machine, never use a gas pressure washer machine.
Reasons for that:
Louder noise. A gas pressure washer has a small engine but very loudly. It will be louder if you use it in an enclosed space. But if you don’t have another pressure washer, make sure you use ear protection.
Poisonous exhaust fumes. A gas pressure washer emits carbon monoxide, which is very dangerous to our health. It may cause breathing problems, nausea, headache, and dizziness.
According to the safety given and tips, you are more than ready to have your pressure machine. So if you happen to be in need of a pressure washer, contact giraffetools.com/collection. They sell quality machines at affordable prices.